Thursday, March 31, 2011

SHEAMUS TALKS ABOUT HIS MATCH, BEING US CHAMP

 WWE United States Champion Sheamus recently spoke with IrishCentral.com to promote WrestleMania 27. Here are some highlights: 


His WrestleMania match with Daniel Bryan: 
"I want people walking away from Wrestlemania talking about our match. I’m representing Ireland again, I’m the champion of the United States of America and there are going to be some great matches, but I’m going to give everything I have to steal the show at Wrestlemania. I’m an Irishman who came up from a small little country, followed his dream and now I hold the title." 


Being US Champion: 
"Being the U.S. champion is a big deal for me. Knowing that my ancestors built this country, it’s kind of like, the Irish were treated badly in this country for a long time, with a lot of tacky Irish stereotypes, so to me it’s kind of like a bragging right. I’m enjoying shoving it down people’s throats that an Irish guy is their champion." 


His WWE career: 
"I’m not happy until I’m going forward and accomplishing goals. I’m going to my second Wrestlemania, and from there I just want to keep taking leaps and bounds until I become one of the greatest ever. I can’t complain right now, I’m enjoying myself, the matches are great and I’m making a name for myself. I keep building that Celtic Warrior brand." 

No comments:

Post a Comment