Thursday, September 15, 2011

TRIPLE H TALKS ABOUT SMACKDOWN, HIS FUTURE IN THE RING


The Miami Herald has published part two of an interview with Triple H. Here are some highlights:

His future inside and outside of the ring:
“In the ring, listen, it’s a young man’s business. I love being able to get in there occasionally and still perform. We [WWE] have the greatest fan base in the world, the most rabid fan base in the world. Anytime I can get out in front of them and perform, as long as they still want to see me, I’m excited to do it, but at the same point, I don’t want to be doing it everyday.


I enjoy the [TV] role I have right now, with being able to go out on the show, but to be quite frank, I enjoy the behind the scenes just as much. To me, it’s just as thrilling to help a young guy like a Sheamus or a Miz or somebody like that, help them with something and then see them go out there and do it and be successful, see it click for them. It’s just as exhilarating to me as being out there and doing it myself. So that part of it is a thrill for me to be behind the scenes and hopefully watching the business continue to thrive.”

Will we see more live SmackDowns on Tuesdays?
“I’m sure if you ask Syfy, they would say, ‘Yes.’ I think that’s certainly on the board. The beautiful thing about WWE is we truly are a fluid product, because we’re live, and we can do it from just about anywhere. We can moves things around and switch things around, and it’s what makes us such a valuable partner to people and networks like USA and Syfy. If USA or somebody needs a number to help them get over the hump in the ratings war, we can do a special and put them over the top. We can do a Tuesday live show and give somebody a kick. We can do all these different things, and that’s a very valuable commodity. I’m sure they’re looking, as well as everybody else is looking, to use that commodity in the best possible way they can.”

No comments:

Post a Comment