Wednesday, March 16, 2011

WADE BARRETT TALKS ABOUT TRIPLE H, WRESTLEMANIA, PLANS FOR 2011

WWE Superstar Wade Barrett recently spoke with SkySports to promote WrestleMania 27. Here are some highlights:


Wrestlemania XXVII is set to be your debut on the grandest stage of them all. Can you confirm you will be on the card on April 3?


WADE BARRETT: It’s not officially set-up but in some capacity, I’m definitely going to be performing on the show. I’m obviously in a group called the Corre at the moment and we’ve sort of made a name for ourselves by attacking people at random and ganging up on people.


Even if I don’t have a full match scheduled, I’m still hopeful of getting something ironed out. I’m sure we’ll be involved somewhere, even if we’re attacking people in the main event or something like that. In fact, I guarantee you I’ll get myself involved.


So you can’t confirm any rumours of the Corre against The Big Show and Kane, and possibly Diesel?


WB: I can’t confirm anything, nothing is set in stone yet. I’ve been feuding with the Big Show for some time now so I’d love to do something with him. I think I’ve got a score to settle with him and hopefully that will be at WrestleMania. But if not, I’ll be involved in some capacity.


So what are your goals for 2011 and beyond?


WB: My main focus is to become England’s first WWE Champion. There’s never been one before, which is something that needs to be corrected very soon. There’s been so many great British and English wrestlers in the past and the fact there has never been a World Champion from this country is wrong. It’s my main focus to make sure that I am the first. On top of that, I just want to find my place in the WWE. I was on a lot of pay-per-views and I main-evented a lot of pay-per-views. I want to get myself back into that title picture with top guys and hopefully bring that title back to the UK.


Triple H told the WWE Universe a few weeks ago that he had nothing else to achieve in the WWE than ending The Undertaker’s streak at WrestleMania. There are obviously a lot of new Superstars he has yet to beat. Did that annoy many of the ones listening?


WB: Yes I think so. I think a lot of people heard that and maybe were a bit disgruntled by it. Triple H certainly has beaten everybody there is to beat. He really is one of the best in history. But there really are a lot of young lions coming through at the moment. Triple H has certainly never beaten me. We’ve never been in the ring together. I would like to do battle with him one day. But obviously he has a lot on his plate with the Undertaker. So maybe we’ll wait until that is completed. But definitely somewhere down the line, I would love to take Triple H on.

No comments:

Post a Comment