Saturday, March 5, 2011

STONE COLD TALKS ABOUT GREATEST WWE CHAMPIONS EVER

 Author Kevin Sullivan, who wrote the upcoming book on the history of the WWE Title, published the following comments from Steve Austin on his blog. Austin made the comments while speaking with Sullivan during his research for the book. Here’s what Austin said when asked his thoughts on the greatest WWE Champion of all-time:


“There’s no way to name just one. In terms of drawing power and being a marquee name, I’m going to say it’s a tie between Stone Cold and Hogan. Hogan was the organization back in the ’80s, and I would say Stone Cold had the same appeal. Damn, I broke attendance records, pay-per-view records, merchandise records …


As far as pure wrestlers go, there are too many bad ass wrestlers, but I would say it’s a tie between Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels. Randy Savage was bad ass, too. But he was more of an IC Title guy. But Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels told some great stories. It’s a dead tie. They could work circles around Hogan, and also outwork me.


I would say Ric Flair is the greatest World Champion that ever lived. But I don’t equate him with the WWE Title.”

No comments:

Post a Comment