Friday, March 18, 2011

KOFI KINGSTON TALKS ABOUT WRESTLEMANIA, FAVORITE FEUD AND MORE

 WWE Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston recently spoke with TheWellVersed.com. Here are some of the highlights:


TWV: What’s been your favorite feud during your time in the WWE?


KK: I’ve had quite a few. I guess I would have to say … the one with Alberto was kind of fun, in terms of me trying to rise up to his level. He’s a guy that won the Royal Rumble and kind of came out of nowhere and made a huge, huge impact. Now the rest of us, myself included, have to step our game up. Who knows where the whole thing will go. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.


TWV: This could be the first time at Wrestlemania where you aren’t sharing the spotlight with other guys in a battle royal or Money In The Bank. What would it mean to you to defend the Intercontinental Championship on wrestling’s biggest stage?


KK: It would be huge. Growing up, I was always a wrestling fan. I use to wrestle with a Bugs Bunny doll. That was my opponent of choice. I would always fantasize about being at Wrestlemania in the main event. Granted, I have the Intercontinental Championship and it won’t be the main event match, but if I were to defend that championship at Wrestlemania, it would be a dream come true. It’s singles competition, which would be a little bit different than Money In The Bank, which like you said, you have to share the spotlight with nine other guys. It’s all speculation at this point. I’m not sure what’s going on at Wrestlemania. I do know that I will be there and I will be in the building for sure and it’s going to be a night to remember.


TWV: When you aren’t on camera, what exactly do you do with the Intercontinental Championship? Have you had any close calls while traveling with it?


KK: I keep it with me at all times. It’s funny because I always forget that I packed it in my bag, so I will be midway to the next town and I’ll get butterflies in my stomach because I think I might have forgot it. Even on the planes and what not, sometimes you will get on there and they will want you to check your bags. I will always take the title out and then have them check the bags. I don’t want to be the guy who loses a title or gets it stolen out of his bag. Even though that technically wouldn’t be my fault, it would somehow come back around to me.


TWV: Speaking of the Intercontinental Championship, have you had any ideas about customizing the championship, a la the Ultimate Warrior back in the day?


KK: Obviously John Cena brought in the spinner belt and you had the Rated R belt and all these different customizations. I think we’re in line for a new one, so maybe if I can hold on to the title long enough, I can customize it and make it my own. I would love to do something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment