Sunday, February 20, 2011

CHRIS JERICHO ON SHAWN MICHAELS IN THE HALL OF FAME, TALKS ABOUT HIS BOOK

 Chris Jericho recently spoke to SunSport in the UK. Here are some highlights:


Shawn Michaels being the greatest ever:
“The best way to put it is that Shawn IS the Hall of Fame. There’s nobody that has ever been in the business that deserves to be in the Hall of Fame more than Shawn Michaels. That includes Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin or anybody else. Shawn is the epitome of what the Hall of Fame is because to me he is the best performer of all time. He is not even close to anybody else.


You can debate it with me until the cows come home — you can say all you want. You can give me all the facts and figures, it’s not going to change my mind. I’m so excited that he is in the Hall of Fame, but it’s essential that he be in there. If he wasn’t it would be a waste of time.”


Stories in his new book and writing about topics such as Chris Benoit:
“I talked to Vince about it and Triple H too. I had a lot of confrontations with him when I first started, but it worked out.


“I think it was one of the reasons why WWE in the early 2000s was so exciting because there were a lot of guys rubbing each other up the wrong way personally, which led to them being better professionally.


I said I was telling stories the way I remember them and it wasn’t always rosy. Both of them were like, ‘Well, that’s life. Good for you. Go for it’. I wanted to make sure they each knew.


There were a lot of confrontations with Vince and a lot of harsh words spoken. But it was all done with love. Not to get sappy but it helped both of us understand the other better to where we have a great relationship and a lot of respect between us right now. Vince is one of my favourite people in the world.”

No comments:

Post a Comment